Business communication plays an important role in every organization. It improves employee engagement, employee, productivity and reduces employee turnover. It eliminates communication silos and email overload. According to Blue Source, 97% of employees believe business communication has real impact on everyday tasks. Effective business communication ensures that employees are able to collaborate better, meet project deadlines and increase productivity.
Here are five ways in which business communication plays a critical role in the success of your company:
1. Spread goals and vision
Setting up vision and goals for your company alone is not enough to achieve success. All stakeholders must be well-informed about the goals and vision and work towards them. Effective business communication ensures that all employees are aware about the goals and vision of the company and their roles and responsibilities to achieve them. Effective business communication makes sure that all stakeholders are on the same page.
2. Better engagement with customers
According to the most recent Gallup State of the American Workplace report, just 33% of US employees are engaged at work. The remaining 67% are either disengaged from their jobs or actively disengaged — meaning they are a negative influence on those around them. Effective business communication ensures that each employee’s ideas are valued and opinions are respected. This incentivizes them to contribute more. As a result, companies see higher employee engagement and productivity.
3. Ongoing customer relationship
The market is highly competitive. That calls for any large and small business to have a well — established relationship with its customers. Failure to do so risks losing your most important customers and potential leads to competition.
You want to make sure your team has access to all the tools they need to engage with customers continuously. On your part, you should inform them of the importance of communication in creating customer relationships.
4. Create transparent workplace
Retaining talented employees should be the top priority for organizations. In the United States, 27% of employees voluntarily left their jobs in 2018 as they don’t trust their organizations. Building trust should be the top priority for businesses and effective communication will help companies achieve that.
5. Tackle email overload
In companies, emails are used for pretty much everything. Whether it’s employee communication, information requests, status reports, feedback, communication with customers, document distribution, task assignments, among others can lead to email overload.
Clariti effectively reduces emails through powerful features like instant share and chat from email. Using instant share, you can instantly share email, images, social feed and other work artifacts without forwarding them. This removes unnecessary duplication and email chain. Chat from email feature lets you collaborate with multiple stakeholders without the need to forward email or copy/paste its contents in chats. Within the first two months of using Clariti, you will have 60% fewer emails in your inbox.
If you have been struggling with business communication for a long time, you will be glad to learn how Clariti can help. Sign up with Clariti for effective business communication, enhanced efficiency, and increased productivity.